Holidays down south are truly like no other! There is something so charming about Christmas lights & holiday decor amongst a quaint southern backdrop. Dressing for a holiday in the countryside can be a bit tricky considering everyone wants to wear bright & glitzy garments during the holiday season. However, when spending my time in the countryside I try to wear cozy sweaters, flannels, & comfortable boots. There are very few times where I would choose comfort over glamour, & this is one of those times.
I threw together a guide to help you pack your bags for a countryside escape during this holiday season!
- I never thought I would be one to own a flannel, however this demure flannel caught my eye on a recent shopping trip & has been my go-to piece in my closet ever since.
- I paired this deep green flannel, with simple black leggings, Forever 21 booties (similar), & a simple yet effective black wool hat (similar).
- simple sweater dresses
- A comfortable, sweater shift dress is a gem during holiday’s in the country. During the day it may get a little toasty so a comfortable shift dress with a light jacket is key to dressing season & weather appropriate.
- I paired this super old Urban Outfitters dress (similar-ish) with tall brown boots (similar) & a light utility style jacket (similar)
- A warm coat
- When it gets cold on the countryside, you want to be well prepared! Having a fashionable & warm coat is key.
- This plaid hooded cape is perfect for the job! Paired a quality pair of jeans & tall boots, you’ll be ready for the winter chill!
- a quality, comfortable t-shirt
- For lounging during the day with leggings & a big sweater or exploring small towns with ripped jeans & a baseball cap, a good quality t-shirt will be your best friend!
- This is my all time favorite t-shirt with one of my all time favorite bands, although a plain t will also do the trick!
other necessities for a trip to the country
- a vest (here & here)
- rain boots (here)
- distressed jeans (here & here)
- cozy sweater (here, here, & here)
- pajamas (here)
- beanie (here & here)
I hope my guide is helpful for a holiday in the countryside!
**For more styling tips go download & checkout the StyleIt app**
Happy Holidays! xx