I may not have too many (useful) life skills but one thing I know I slay at is organization. I even won “most organized” as my senior superlative
among other less honorable awards.
Now that I am neck deep in college life I have realized that my Monica Geller like organizational tendencies can be a very strong advantage for me. There are 3 major aspects of my college career that I am trying to juggle: school, Creme de la Claire, & a social life. I find that whenever I am out of sync with one, everything else kind of spirals out of control. Contrary, whenever everything is organized & I have a set plan for the week my mind is at ease & my mood & grades will reflect it.
I am here to share with you all my tricks to keeping this shit show under control:
- Write it all out. I like to sit down on Sundays & write down everything I have to do for the week. Literally… everything. Whether it be going to my classes, writing a blog post, seeing a movie with girlfriends
cause let’s be real here there is no boyfriend, or curling my hair, it is all in my planner. Santa Claus gifted me this beautiful Kate Spade planner last Christmas & it has been a God-send to my sanity. There is nothing quite like checking off the things you have accomplished in your planner. You can rest easy knowing you have gotten everything done.
- A full nights sleep is key. Whenever I get less than 6 hours of sleep at night I am literally Satan walking on Earth. 6 hours is a bit ambitious considering I am a college student but whenever I do make time to get a good night’s rest, my days are far more productive & happier.
- The greatest struggle of going to bed early is putting away technology. It is hard to turn of Netflix but it honestly makes allllll the difference in the world. I challenge you guys to turn off your laptops & try (emphasis on try) not to look at your phones when laying in bed & pick up a magazine or book! Current read: Nice Is Just A Place In France by The Betches. It leaves me feeling like a bad bitch when I go to sleep, therefor I wakeup feeling like a bad bitch.
- Stay on top of things. Procrastination is my greatest downfall. I put off my responsibilities until the last possible minute & it always comes back to bite me in a$$. I find that whenever I get my school work done ahead I have more time to focus on Creme de la Claire & getting to do fun things with my friends! You’ll never regret doing work ahead of time so alot yourself enough time each day to do a little bit of future work so it does not all pile up on one day.
- Make time for yourself. My “me time” is my favorite part of my day. Everyday I try to do something a little *luxurious* to reward myself for being productive during the day. Whether it be taking a long bubble bath, doing a face mask, painting my nails, or curling my hair for the next day. It leaves me feeling pretty & let’s be real here, when you feel pretty your day is 1000 times better & you want to do more!
- Wake up early. This is something I really struggle with (if you guys have any tips please let me know!!). Whenever I do peel myself out of bed early I am uber productive. It is not that I am not a morning person (I love the mornings whenever I am up), I am just not a waking up person. Mornings are key for getting shit done!
I am going to leave you with this quote that gives me life throughout my week:
“Wake up early. Drink coffee. Work hard. Be ambitious. Keep your priorities straight, your mind right, & your head up. Do well, live well, & dress really well. Do what you love, love what you do. It is time to start living.”